Monday, December 17, 2007

A Successful Start

I can officially say that I survived my first semester of UGA. I really am proud to go there and I love it. Finals week was a HUGE success... I ended up with an A in all of my classes; even Plant Biology, Food Science, and Pre Calc. I'm glad to put the semester behind me, but am not looking forward to what I have on my plate for next year.
I wasn't quite ready to go home Friday so I spent the weekend with Katie. I learned so much about cows and dairy work! I had a blast. Despite the cold and waking up before 7 every morning, it really was like being on vacation. I went to my first Methodist service, found out how amazing Carhartts are, bottle fed a baby calf, hung out with Katie's family, and got to enjoy the beauty of Morgan County. I really missed the cows once I left. Cows are fun.
And now for some highlights from this semester... because some of them are worth remembering. Alyssa was a great roommate :) we had so much fun wasting time, watching tv, staying up late, and enjoying college. From going to football games to saving her plant from mealy bugs, I wouldn't trade her for anyone.
Joining Sigma Alpha was one of the best things I did. It really expanded my "friend group" and I love all of the girls I pledged with. I also wouldn't trade Sigma Alpha for anything. It feels good to belong to something so amazing.
Georgia Football was 100 times better than I ever would have imagined. I was lucky enough to go to every home game except one. I'm really going to miss it during the spring. It really was like the 4th of July every weekend. Sure there was a lot of drunkenness... but that was half the fun. The Blackout was AWESOME. One of the best games ever. I'm so glad I was lucky enough to experience it. I only wish we were playing in the National Championships... maybe next year ;]
Being 19 hasn't hit me yet. I don't feel like I had a birthday is the problem. It makes me feel old so I pretend I'm still 18. It's not like I gained any special privileges from being 19 anyway.
It was a bit disappointing getting here and realizing that nothing could compare to how magical GHP was, but there were some moments that were close enough. Doing laundry of course was one of them. Going to a strings recital and Mr. Freshman were definitely comparable. I loved getting to hang out with Katie all the time. Tate theater was a close resemblance. And visiting Demostheneon hall was unforgettable. The food was MUCH better as was the freedom. And I wouldn't trade our RA, Mary Catherine, for anyone.
I even got to experience some of the Athens night life. It was really cool getting to see Patrick play, and I can't wait to see him again. I had the chance to "find" new artists like Allison Weiss and Modern Skirt. Downtown Athens at night is always an interesting experience even if you just go for coffee. I mean downtown during the day is interesting enough lol.
I got a job with Mr. Marable that seems to be working out alright. I mean... I actually enjoy working :O. Hopefully this way I can get my American Degree and keep money in my bank account.
I'm really enjoying the Catholic Center.... almost more than Transfig :X I enjoy being a lector almost too much haha. The Holiday party was great and I can't wait to do more stuff with CSA. I really want to start going to TNT.
I'm glad I was still able to keep in touch with people and see them every once and awhile when I came home. Taking a road trip to Young Harris was SO much fun, but nowhere near as crazy as my adventure to Marietta Square.Thanks to Emily,Clayton, Chris, and Kristen who came to visit :D I can't wait to see everyone at Lindsey's party.
I made a lot of great friends that I'm going to miss over the break: Whitney, Libby, Gena, Mark, Sarah, Grace and Anna. It makes it hard really because then you have people at home AND at college to miss. You all have opened me up to new things and share a lot of awesome memories with me. I'm so glad I met you guys!
I'm excited about everyone thats coming up next year. Then my life will practically be complete lol. Congrats to everyone who got accepted early to UGA and good luck to those who are still trying; don't give up! It's worth it, I promise.
Everyday was a new adventure and I can't wait to see what surprises await for me next semester. I just have to be patient and not get frustrated when things aren't going right :P

No comments: