Sunday, December 23, 2007

I made it!

So the adventure begins. It´s weird to be here... talk about it being too hot for December. Well sometimes I feel hot and sometimes I feel cold. No happy medium really. It`s a lot hotter than I expected though. It´s funny to see the Christmas decorations up. They look so out of place.
We got to the airport around 7 yesterday (I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep) with NINE suitcases to check in. Talk about adventure. There were so so many lines but we made pretty good timing. It was almost like being in Disney World. The funny thing about airports is that you feel like you`re going to see someone you know. At one point it hit me, air ports are a scarey-- very susceptible to attack. But at the same time so safe-- so much security.
The plane ride was fun though as always. They showed Stardust which was reallly out there. The whole time you´re so confused as to what´s going on and then everyone ends up living happily ever after.
I ended up not sleeping at all so when I got to the house I crashed. But not before eating some tortillas and beans!
Apparently we have DSL so I´ll have more access to the internet than I was planning on.The computer is crazy hard to use though. Everything is in spanish and the keyboard is messed up. and by messed up I mean hard to use.
From what I´ve seen, Nicaragua is looking pretty good. Much better than I ever remember. We went to church in Town today and all the houses were looking nice and there was a road! can´t go wrong with that lol.
I´m kind of ready to go home though. The outside is already getting to me. I feel itchy. I can´t talk to mom because she throws a fit about me not speaking spanish. It gets kind of boring from time to time and we´re an hour behind so it feels like time goes by super slow. But I know that Matthew would love to be here in my place so I better enjoy it haha. And I´m sure I won´t be bored for long.
So my grandparents got this alarm system because people keep coming and taking whatever they find. Well it goes off at least twice every night. It sounds like a police alarm. Not fun at all.
Well time to go to the market!

No comments: