Tuesday, April 8, 2008

College?

I have not made a new post in forever. college is taking over my life and not in a good way. This semester is not what I ever expected college to be like nor what I want it to be. Never in my life have I studied so hard but done so poorly. What the heck? Don't I get a break? Isn't it a good thing that I chose to go into higher education? Am I really paying $14,000 a year to be miserable? If I was worried about keeping Hope last semester I am 100% more worried about it this semester. Taking 16 hours was a terrible idea. I want to be involved and successful and make differences in the world, not feel discouraged and overwhelmed and questioning my motives and purpose. I'm starting to feel like one in a million... lost in a swamp of swampiness. Is this what it's going to feel like in the real world? Like I can't accomplish anything?
How is it that people know so many people here? and that when they say hey to each other its because they're good friends not awkward acquaintances? Do I need to start getting drunk? I feel like I don't smile anymore and that people (especially on my hall) don't really want to get to know me because I'm probably a bitch. I don't really have time to be there friend anyway. I feel like I don't have time to do anything.
I don't know if it's because last semester was so good, but this has been the worst semester ever. I only hope to end it on a high note. I am a successful person at a prestigious university with goals and aspirations. Why am I getting so down on myself? Why can't I be the optimist? Everyone has at least one rough semester, right? And as long as I have above a 3.0, who cares about my gpa? Why be worried about the future when I could be having fun RIGHT now?
urgh I hate college.

No comments: