Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Life @ Nov. 25

In the month of November I:
  • Voted
  • Made good grades on my tests
  • Went on a Saturday getaway to North Georgia with the girls
  • Turned 20
  • Made a kick ass powerpoint
  • Got closer to God
  • Knit something other than a scarf
  • Got my first caricature made
  • Rubbed elbows with the agriculture elite
  • Hiked 5 miles (and survived)
  • Woke up at 6am so I could go to work with mom
  • Applied for a credit card
  • Applied for a loan

So I guess you could say I'm moving up in the world haha. I can't wait to study abroad and I am itching to get an internship. I'm getting close to publishing my first website/blog (more to come later). I'm trying to stay afloat in English with a poetry collection and portfolio due next week, so I wrote a terrible poem today:
"Apples"
My tree has a sturdy trunk
With two thick branches,
Loaded with sweet red apples.
Half taste Nicaraguan, half Puerto Rican.

Tree always growing, apples keep coming:
8 big apples 13 medium apples 2 little apples
7 big apples 15 medium apples 9 little apples
More than plenty for apple pie.

My apple family of 5 is tiny in these branches,
But it is just the right size.
It joins two families together
Creating this one big tree.

When we all come together,
Don't expect a normal family gathering.
It’s a party, an overwhelming celebration
With food, laughter, and dancing!

My poetry collection is on family trees and she said it would be good to have a poem you wrote yourself so why not. I hate myself for writing corny poetry...

Thanksgiving is coming up and then November is over and then 2008 is over. Where does the time go?

No comments: