Saturday, January 19, 2008

Home

Being in Nicaragua really made me miss home. I constantly had this uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that made me wish I was not there. Even though I was in a house with all of my family, something was still missing.
Seeing Georgia from the sky was almost magical. You could see all of the cities with their lights sparkling in the dark. And when we landed in Atlanta it felt so good. It just felt like home. I realized how much I love Georgia.
It's been kind of a weird year because I mean what is home? Woodstock? Athens? When I'm in Athens I miss Woodstock and when I'm in Woodstock I miss Athens. Is there no happy medium? Maybe home really is where the heart is.
I went to an amazing Wind Ensemble concert by UGA last night and it was probably one of the best performances I had heard in a long time. And sitting there listening, I felt at home. It was like embracing a friend I hadn't seen in awhile and hadn't realize how much I actually missed them.
Since I've been back, I've had this feeling of missing someone but I can't figure out who it is. I feel like I miss someone I haven't even met yet. How is that even possible?
And as strange as it may seem... It feels good to sleep in my loft again- I missed it.

No comments: